Thursday, January 8, 2009

ROBB'S CORNER

Hi friends and colleagues,

Welcome to 2009! We are all looking forward to a busier, more productive year. With a new president taking office and a new congress, it looks like our representatives in Washington are going to work and play in a more bipartisan manner. We certainly hope they can all get along better than the last one. Time to put aside our petty differences and start enacting programs that will get our economy moving again. Some will work, some may not, but we all have to encourage our Senators and Representatives to keeping working until our nation starts moving in the correct direction.

Enough about politics, time for all of us to work together to help the Chicago Real Estate Market. First, we all need to stop the gloom and doom. Yes it is tough going at this time of year, ok, its January, where is everyone. Answer, mostly on vacation, if they are lucky. Second, the rest of us are planting our seeds and crops for the late Winter, early Spring market. Third, I can assure you with a great degree of certainty, that if we all get out there and just keep a good attitude and posture along with smart, hard work, we will overcome this temporary down turn in our local economy and as the credit and real estate markets stabilize, we will reap the benefits of being prepared for the eventual recovery.

So what to do. First, we all need to wake up every morning and decide what kind of day we are going to have. For myself I choose Joy. Yes, I know this sounds like pop psychology, but believe me it works. Second, I list five things or people I am grateful for. Third, I do a few loosening up exercise, they are good for you and it clears your mind for the day ahead. One thing I have figured out and that is your mind can only hold a single thought at a time. So you might as well make a positive one.

I hope these suggestions will be useful to you. Remember I am still Your home and building inspector. If you ever have any questions about a potential client deal or your own property, never hesitate to call and ask me a question. I will always endeavor to give you the best answer to your query.

Here is to a great 2009,

Robb
847-808-8488
www.metrospectltd.com

1 comment:

Sonia Munwes Cohen said...

Hi Rob,
I just found your blog in my junk file, sorry. I find your words uplifting. Wishing you and your wife a Healthy and Prosperous New Year.